Sunday, April 2, 2017

What comes next?

Hello again!

Sunday before show week has finally gotten here and the show, FAME, is finally coming together so that's a weight off of my shoulders. Spring break is coming along in the next week so that is something I am very much so looking forward to.  My family and I have "last minutely" planned a road trip from Weston, Florida which is where we live, all the way up to Washington, D.C. I am so beyond excited because we're not just going straight there; we're going to be stopping in St. Augustine, Jacksonville, Savannah, Ashville, Blue Ridge Parkway, Williamsburg, and finally Washington, D.C. This will be prime time to be working on my complete documentary package due to the fact that our project is due April 16th! Ahhh!

I will have plenty of hours, 31 to be more exact, to work on all that I have to do. I am planning on making the most out of these hours and really utilize the time to the best of my abilities. My family and I will not be driving overnight therefore I shouldn't fall asleep in the car (like I would usually cause I got lots to do!). I kinda had a little epiphany during the weekend and it was to change the idea of my documentary... and just film something completely different... This might sound ballistic right now but I am truly feeling hopeless with what I have for now. I am embarking on this amazing road trip with my family and the ideas for my documentary project are endless. I have countless hours to work on it in the car and I truly do believe I could pull it together!

All you have to do is believe! I have been researching different movies and films who seem to magically get their stuff together last minute and these include but are not limited to the production of Moonlight where the character who plays the mother, Naomie Harris, only went onto set for one day and filmed everything that she did in the movie in one day. I know there are many more people especially people who film documentaries who have last minute epiphanies and manage to get their stuff together. I am truly looking forward to not having to do this and maybe figuring something out with what I already have but I am truly just not happy with my work at all and I will not submit something I am not happy with.

Don't freak out... just hold on tight.

Mariette xx

No comments:

Post a Comment