Sunday, April 2, 2017

Epiphany

So an epiphany... let's have a little chat about what this means to me and how it is exactly what I am having right now. An epiphany, defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary, means a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something; an intuitive grasp of reality through something (as an event); or an illuminating discovery, realization or disclosure. So this is exactly what is going on in my head right now. I have had a brilliant (I think) idea. 

During my road trip I will be visiting all the places I mentioned in my previous blog and spending at least a whole 12 hours there. I began to research cool facts about the places I am visiting and the one that caught my attention the most was the blooming of the Japanese Cherry Blossoms in Washington, D.C. This is a major event over there which attracts many tourists and is considered to be one of the most beautiful moments of the year at Washington. These cherry blossoms have very rich history and there are even museums about it in the area. This could be the main focus of my documentary. Thinking from above the poster would be a picture of a cherry blossom and the website would be just very pink (the color of the flowers) etc. 

My other idea is that I will be visiting St. Augustine, FL and Savannah, GA these are two cities with very rich Spanish history (especially St. Augustine due to the fact that it was the first city established in the United States by the Spanish). I could do my documentary on the architecture there or just the history of it and why people visit it, my interviewees would be tourists in the area and I could visit a tourist information center and get someone with some expertise to talk about it. 

I have a couple of other ideas rolling around in my head but I truly think I can pull this together.

Hold on tight!

Mariette xx

No comments:

Post a Comment