Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Road trip to Washington, DC

Hey!

So I've been very much stressed out during this road trip because if you've ever taken one you know that it's a pain in the buttox! To add to my stress because why not, I have decided that I am making a montage of my road trip and if I finish that on time I'll post it on here but right now it clearly isn't my priority I'm just recording for the heck of it. I have brought along my camera and will create natural tripods for it. Reasons why I'm filming with my camera you ask? Oh! Well it has way better quality than my iPhone 6s, it is way less shaky, and it makes people think I'm more professional LOL!


So I've been planning out my questions during the drive and discussing these with my parents... I am planning on interviewing just a couple of tourists who are down to get interviewed (which I am praying that I can get multiple). This is all on luck now but if there's a will there's a way! These are the questions I have prepared:

  1. Have you visited D.C before? Was it during the spring?
  2. What made you want to come to D.C's botanic garden? (This is only if the tourist is in the botanic garden, there are flowers everywhere and people stop to take pictures at all times)
  3. How do you feel about the flowers you've seen so far?
  4. Were you aware of the fact that the flowers at D.C have become such a big tourist attraction?


I am also planning on interviewing someone who I can find with an expertise in the flowers. I'm hoping I can find a tour guide or someone who is willing to help, with the right words and the right appeal I can get people to work with me. For these people with an expertise, I have made the question more open ended. Here is the basic question in which I am planning on branching out from: 

  1. Can you tell me your name and a little bit of what you do here? (Based on this response I am planning on branching out and continue to ask multiple questions if the person has seemed to stop responding)
I am not quite sure if I want my voice to be in this yet because I don't like my voice on videos and stuff but if that's what it takes then so be it as well! That's the thing with documentaries ugh whatever happens, happens and whatever doesn't, doesn't; which kinda sucks but there's nothing we can do about that for we (I don't really know who I am including in here with me but I guess other people who create documentaries) are documenting not staging :)

So this is all I've got for now as soon as I start recording I will start updating... This is a lot and I know it is but I've told myself that I can handle it therefore I can, along with the support of my parents of course!

Thanks for tuning in!

Mariette xx

No comments:

Post a Comment