Sunday, April 9, 2017

Alright, here we go

Ok,

I know the fact that I am currently in the pre-production part of my project right now has be so bothered too. I have cried a lot about this and just haven't been able to wrap my mind around the fact that I've done this to myself but I can handle it, I can take it. "If there's a will, there's a way" as my mother would say.

My dad came back home today from North Carolina where he went to watch a tennis tournament in which his favorite player, Monica Puig, was playing and he will do anything to watch her play so he drove up alone to go watch her. The determination runs in the family I guess.

I have been up to changing up my poster ideas too. I have cleaned it up a lot... I am currently letting it be very sans serif fonts and filling in the background (and changing it up) with just images that my friend, who is currently in D.C, has been taking of the flowers.

I truly do love this topic. I've learned to appreciate flowers my whole life because my mother is flower obsessed. There are around maybe 8 orchids in my household, because these are her favorite. My father used to work for a huge pharmaceutical company called Merck and he worked on the veterinarian side of it, anything and everything having to do with large animals these including cows, horses etc. So he would spend a lot of time on farms and sometimes he'd take me with him just because of the fact that he loved for me to see the fauna and flora around the area.

It's just been something that, although I may shove it off to the side at times, and think that I don't focus on, I do. I would love to have this documentary on the beautiful flora in D.C during this time of the year not only because it brings attention to D.C and of course promotes it, but it will also trigger the sense of appreciation for all of what we have on Earth and how it's so naturally beautiful and we should really just protect it and embrace it as much as it happens in D.C.

Thanks for tuning in this week... Next week is about to be bumpy as heck!

Mariette xx

No comments:

Post a Comment