Thursday, March 30, 2017

Uh Oh... #3

Here we go again...

This is uh oh #3 a.k.a not a good sign at all. So let's do a quick little update on my life and all that is going on right now. I am part of the American Musical Theater program at my school and this year we are putting together a version (I guess one could say) of FAME: The Musical. We have been working on this ever since the beginning of the school year, so August, and our show is this upcoming week on the nights of April 6th and the 7th. Every production done by our musical theater program tends to be very chaotic and in simpler terms just a mess; up to rehearsal weeks which take place the two weeks before the show. We have after school rehearsals from 3-5:30pm every day the week before show week, we then have a technical rehearsal on the Sunday before show week from 10am-1pm. which is basically just a whole run through of the show (costumes, makeup, hair, lights, curtains, etc.), and finally the 2-3 days before the show we have "full run through" rehearsals from 3pm-6pm. This is all a very intense process and it has truly made my work ethic in all things a lot better, it also helps me to work under pressure a lot more efficiently.

Which brings me to my next point, in my last blogpost I talked about my documentary's title and the fact that I was going to name it "Disagreement: Election 2016." Since then I have filmed both my interviewees and went to their house. Camille, my friend from school, and her mom are my interviewees and they really did do a wonderful job of giving me great answers and helping me bounce back and forth between the questions and their responses. I have the footage but I am just not happy enough with it. Here's the thing... I have seem to have not thought about this well enough in the beginning but putting all the pieces together after what I filmed... I'm just bored. I hate watching my own stuff and not being excited because if I'm not excited then how will my audience be?

From here I'm putting my thinking cap on. I am going to talk to my peers, my parents, and whoever else I can get advice from during the weekend to figure out what I can do.

I was so so so excited and now I'm just a little bummed out.

Till next time

Mariette xx

No comments:

Post a Comment