Sunday, March 12, 2017

Uh oh...

Hey there!!

       I am going to make a series of these "Uh Oh..." posts; by uh oh I mean ISSUES!

      Well, my father always says that it is not an issue until you call it one, so I'm going to call them uh oh's instead. One of my first uh oh's is how exactly do I begin to organize this documentary; will it be an excerpt of a TV documentary or full length documentary? This has led me to researching conventions for both of them and how making my documentary one of both will affect my promotion for the movie; you know, typical producer issues!

       I am currently watching The People vs. O.J Simpson on Netflix and this is a televised production and it follows all television conventions; these including the cliff hangers for commercial breaks, the fact that it is told through smaller periods of time, etc. This same story was told differently as a movie called O.J: Made in America; this one following movie conventions, also winning the Best Documentary Oscar at the 2017 Oscars.

   

       This is the poster for the O.J: Made in America movie in contrast to The People vs. O.J Simpson's TV poster/advertisement. These are very different but in a way very similar. Different in the way that obviously they are making very different points; the movie is an elongated explanation version of his life leading to when the trial was happening and everything up to how he got to where he is right now. While the show is just about the trial and all the issues faced during and a little after it. We can clearly tell that in the movie his whole story leads to show how he was once an American icon and in the TV poster we can see, along with the warmth of the colors, how this was a dark period.

I need to make my decision ASAP! Let's see what light turns on and which one turns off this week! Keep calm and wait for my decision!

Mariette xx

No comments:

Post a Comment