Sunday, March 5, 2017

Let the research begin

Hey guys!

This week has been a wild week as I am very close to making my college decision and am very overwhelmed. I have decided to start my research based on the major task and then moving on to researching for the minor tasks.

I tend to learn quicker by watching, therefore, I have been watching plenty of short documentaries to help me understand the typical conventions of them. I have also been visiting different websites on conventions and ways to apply them and ways to not. Although I'd rather watch and learn by observing, reading about conventions and the ways different directors and producers use them is very helpful, especially for inspiration.


https://film.edusites.co.uk/index.php?/article/documentary-codes-conventions/

This is one of the websites that I've been using to base the information I'm collecting about conventions for my documentary. I have a couple of other ones but I don't love them yet so I don't know if I'll blog about them.


https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000004881605/family-conversations-on-trump.html?playlistId=1194811622221&region=video-grid&version=video-grid-headline&contentCollection=Times+Documentaries&contentPlacement=0&module=recent-videos&action=click&pgType=Multimedia&eventName=video-grid-click

This is one of my major inspiration videos. I want to do a documentary on something politically related due to the fact that it is and has been such a hot topic in the United States, and all over the world, right now. I think I'm going with the idea of a documentary related to the "internal", i guess you could say, issues families face with different members of the family voting in different ways. It will be a tough run but I think I'm ready!

Fasten your seatbelt!

Mariette xx



No comments:

Post a Comment